2016 AOOS Film Contest
AOOS is hosting it’s third annual Ocean Film Contest, seeking short films highlighting Alaska’s coast or oceans. We welcome films of any genre relating to the ocean (i.e. people using the ocean and coast, marine research, marine wildlife, ocean-related policy issues, etc). You don’t need to be a professional to submit a film!
Click here for Rules and Submission Form
- Films must be 10 min or less in length
- The film must be your own original creation and must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Submission deadline: Sept 16, 2016
- Complete rules in the submission form above
- Award categories include:
- Judges Choice ($1,000 cash prize)
- Best treatment of a complicated issue
- Best videography
- Youth winner
- Additional prizes awarded also
- Individuals can submit as many films as they wish.
- Contest winners will be announced by Nov 18th , 2016
- Videos will be shown during ocean-related events across Alaska, posted on the AOOS website, and shared for other educational purposes.
Questions? Please email Holly at email@example.com
Read about previous film contests and see the films;