Call for Presentations
Kachemak Bay Phytoplankton and Harmful Algal Blooms conference
February 19-20, 2014
Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center
The Kachemak Bay Research Reserve is now accepting abstracts for speakers at their inaugural phytoplankton and harmful algal bloom conference on February 19-20, 2014. The meeting will feature presentations from leading researchers of the HAB and phytoplankton community in Alaska. The conference is also intended to foster discussion around the current state of HAB and phytoplankton in Kachemak Bay, the unique challenges and opportunities researchers face, and how attendees can catalyze future areas of research and monitoring. Speaker abstracts will bedistributed with the agenda and consolidated into workshop proceedings.
Presentation Abstract Guidelines: Presenters should carefully review the information below on submitting abstracts for 15-20 minute oral presentations. Please submit abstracts by December 31, 2013. Email abstracts as a Word document to Stacey Buckelew at email@example.com.
Please follow these instructions to prepare your abstract:
- No more than 300 words
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point font
- First line: Title in bold font, first letter of title words capitalized only (e.g. no ALL CAPS)
- Second line: List primary author (last name, first name) and then other authors (last name, first name) separate by comma between subsequent authors
- Third Line: Affiliation below author line
- Leave a space between the title, authors, affiliation, and abstract body
- Single space abstract body
- Spell check and proofread carefully (we will not be editing the abstracts)